Let Monroe County Community Credit Union help you get your dream home! We offer a variety of mortgage solutions to ensure that you can find a place to call “home”—with a loan that meets your needs and fits your budget. If you are a first time home buyer, check out our FAQ on Home Buying page and run some numbers through our Financial Calculators! To apply for and obtain credit, you must be 18 years of age.
Tackling today’s real estate market is a challenge to say the least. The rules seem to change daily, and keeping up can be tricky. Our Mortgage Center stays on top of the latest regulations and rules to offer our members only high-quality, no-nonsense loans. Monroe County Community Credit Union and Mortgage Center are working together to provide you with a high quality product that is in your best interest! Whether you’re buying your first home or refinancing an existing one, our partnership with Mortgage Center allows us to offer plenty of smart and stable products to suit your individual needs.
Mortgage Center’s rates are consistent and highly competitive, and all closing costs are fully disclosed. In addition, you’ll appreciate discounted PMI rates, low closing costs, and outstanding service throughout the life of your loan. Plus, your monthly payment can be conveniently deducted right from your MCCCU draft (checking) or share (savings) accounts! So go to our Mortgage Center website today to see what we can do for you. If you prefer to discuss your mortgage options in person, please continue to do so! Stop in to any of our branches during regular business hours and one of our loan officers will be happy to discuss your mortgage needs and guide you on the path to home ownership!
Your home loan options are:
First Mortgage - A loan to purchase a residential dwelling.
- Maximum amount: $1,250,000.00
- Minimum amount: $40,000.00
- Financing available with down payments as low as 3%
- Can be used to purchase a residential dwelling
- Can be used as a cash out refinance option for home improvements or debt consolidation
- Maximum term: 360 months (30 years)
- Gives you purchasing power in the market place
- Resources available through Mortgage Center's website help members understand the home buying process
Second Mortgage (Home Equity Loans/Lines of Credit) - Closed end loan product that allows you to use the equity in your home as collateral on a loan. Loans are made on 90% of the appraised value less the balance of the first mortgage if the first mortgage is with MCCCU. Otherwise, loans are made on 80% of the appraised value of the home less the balance of the first mortgage with another financial institution. The following types of loans can be made using your home's value as collateral: second mortgage--specific term and closed once paid off, or home equity line of credit--10 year draw period and 25 year payback period (15 year term total) and advances against the loan can be drawn if there is an available balance.
- Members can use the equity in their home to make large purchases
- Loans can be amounts larger than conventional secured loans
- Line of credit is available for use when needed
- Maximum amount: $100,000.00
- Minimum amount: $5,000.00
- Minimum home equity line of credit (HELOC): $10,000.00
- Draw period for HELOC is 120 months
- Maximum term for closed end and open end line of credit is 180 months (15 years)
- In some instances, interest may be tax deductible
- Using your home equity to make large purchases or to finance large projects is very convenient
- Line of credit is available as the principle balance is paid down