Protecting Your Identity
Think it's someone else’s problem? Think Again.
Comprehensive Fraud Recovery and Remediation for MCCCU Members
Monroe County Community Credit Union provides comprehensive, fully managed identity fraud research, remediation and recovery services to all of our members! These services are a benefit of being a member of Monroe County Community Credit Union. Should you experience a compromise of your personal information, click here to file a claim or call 1-866-SMART68 (1-866-762-7868) for assistance immediately. In addition, if an eligible family member experiences an identity fraud event, they are covered too. These benefits extend to cover up to three generations of your family.
Eligible family members include:
- Spouse or domestic partner
- Dependents under age 25 with the same permanent address — even if they are in college or the military
- Any other IRS qualified dependents
- Parents with the same permanent address—living at home or in elder care (nursing home, assisted living, hospice, etc.)
- Plus, all covered family members are covered up to 12 months after death
We have arranged for the professional identity fraud research, remediation and recovery benefits to extend beyond just accounts with us to cover all types of identity fraud—this includes both financial and non-financial fraud, such as:
- Medical fraud
- Financial and credit card fraud
- Government documents and benefits fraud
- Employment fraud
- Phone and utilities fraud
- And many more!
Want even more protection? We want to ensure that all of our members have access to the very best in identity fraud protection benefits and so Monroe County Community Credit Union also offers another way to obtain additional coverage. Our new identity fraud protection website provides a direct purchase opportunity of a package full of comprehensive, essential services!
Packages may contain:
- 1 or 3 Bureau Credit Monitoring
- Expense Reimbursement Insurance
- Public Records Monitoring
- Internet Black Market Monitoring
- And many more
Visit our identity fraud protection site for more information on these packages today!
How do Identity Fraud Remediation and Recovery Services help you?
If you suspect identity fraud, or if your personal information becomes compromised as a result of a lost purse or wallet, a break-in, lost laptop, data breach, or other event, we can help! Simply click here to submit a claim or call 1-866-SMART68 (1-866-762-7868) to speak with a Recovery Advocate. This Advocate will be assigned to your case and will contact you directly by phone within 2 business days. Before submitting a claim, please read the terms for identity recovery services.
Your case-dedicated professional Recovery Advocate will complete the legwork on your behalf to research and remediate all identity fraud incidents and restore your identity to a pre-event status—to your satisfaction no matter how long it takes!
Depending on your identity fraud incident, these efforts may include:
- Working with you to identify fraudulent activity, including credit report review (if appropriate) and conduct additional research to determine the extent of the fraud.
- Place fraud alerts with the three major credit bureaus.
- Assist you in completing an Identity Theft Affidavit and Declaration of Fraud to establish your rights as a victim.
- Activate complimentary credit monitoring, if applicable, during your recovery to help you watch for additional signs of abuse.
- Contact the Social Security Administration, U.S. Postal Service, Department of Motor Vehicles, and more, as applicable, to address any misuse of official documentation of your identity.
- Research and document all fraudulent transactions and false accounts or contracts signed with creditors, banks, utility companies, leasing agents, medical facilities, etc.
- Follow up to make sure wrongful activity is expunged from your records.
- Work with local and federal law enforcement to try to stop the criminal or criminals who are using your identity.
- Enlist other members of the recovery team to assist when necessary, including professional investigators and legal advisors.
- Provide 12 months of personal follow-up and complimentary credit monitoring, if applicable, after your recovery is complete — to be sure you stay recovered!