Wouldn’t it be great if there were someone out there dedicated to making your life easier? At Monroe County Community Credit Union, we’re here to do just that! Our services go beyond accounts and loans to give nearly 30,000 MCCCU members the financial solutions they're looking for.
Our field of membership includes those who live, work, worship, or attend school in the following counties: Monroe, Lenawee, Washtenaw, Wayne, Oakland, Livingston, Macomb, Ingham, Jackson, and Hillsdale
Please note: You can also become a member of MCCCU if you are an immediate relation to a current member or live in the same household as a current member.
Advantages of Membership at a Credit Union
As is customary with not-for-profit institutions, our credit union’s first priority is to serve the needs of our members. Because we do not have stockholders, our profits are reinvested back to the people they belong to, by way of dividends, lower rates and lower service fees. We are very active in our community and make efforts to give back in ways that will positively impact our membership because, as a member-owned and governed institution, our members are always our top priority. If you are interested in a side-by-side comparison of joining a credit union over a bank, please visit our Why Choose a Credit Union page.
Our credit union is democratically controlled and run by a volunteer Board of Directors who are elected by the members of the credit union at our annual meeting. The individuals on the board of directors are all members and any member can run for a spot on the board. All of our credit union members have a say in how the credit union is operated. The day-to-day managers of credit unions, and the staff who serve members needs, are experienced professionals who are here to help you navigate and educate you about the financial industry.
In addition, MCCCU members receive special offers and discounts with Sprint, Turbo Tax, TruStage Insurance, and SimpliSafe through Love My Credit Union, discounted Cedar Point tickets (available for purchase at any MCCCU location during their regular season), discounted Carfax reports, and more!
Here at Monroe County Community Credit Union, we want to make sure that our members are prepared for all of the ups and downs of life. We have partnered with TruStage Insurance to make many insurance programs available to our membership (some with exclusive Credit Union Member discounts!), so take a look around and see if they have the solution you're looking for!
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Home Insurance
- Health Insurance
If you are interested in speaking with Lee Kennard, our local TruStage insurance representative:
- Phone: 734-222-1742 Ext. 56556
- Email: Lee.Kennard@LibertyMutual.com
- Fax: 734-913-4632
- Claims: 1-800-225-2467
Our Heroes Program
MCCCU is proud to offer a special program for those who work tirelessly to make our communities a safer place! Our Heroes program is designed for individuals who are active duty, reserve, retirees, and veterans associated with the following groups:
- Military -United States Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard
- Law Enforcement – Police, Sheriff, State/Federal agencies (Border Protection, DNR, Customs, FBI, CIA, DEA, ATF, U.S. Marshals, Secret Service)
- Fire – Any local fire department, airport authorities, State/Federal wildfire services
- 911 Dispatch
Our Heroes will receive:
- Access to 30,000 Co-Op ATMs and Shared Branching networks
- $300 credit toward first residential mortgage or refinance
- .25% discount off qualifying finance rate on: auto, boat, RV, or motorcycle loans
- .10% bonus paid on Certificates of Deposit with maturities of one year or longer
- Please note: This benefit does not apply to special CD promotions
- Free Carfax report
- Free travel cards for everyone on the account
- $10 off annual Safety Deposit Box rates
- Waived Security Fee
To enroll in this program, visit any of our 6 locations and speak to a Member Relationship Specialist! Make sure to bring one piece of identification with you that signifies you as a member of one of these qualifying groups. The enrollment process only takes a few minutes and you will start seeing the benefits immediately!