Setting up a savings account for a child is a great way to set them up for success!
- For children ages 0-16
- Open with as little as $5.00
- Earn dividends monthly, no minimum balance to earn
- Funds can be transferred from a parent’s or guardian's account to help them save
- Visit a branch and open your child's account today!
We also have some great resources available that address the different needs of children of all ages!
- iCount - if your child is in middle school, this site will give you some great money tips!
- Are You Ready? - a great resource if your child is in high school and working at their first job!
- Credit Unions Rock - perfect if you have a young adult getting ready to embark on goals like secondary education or embarking on a career!
If you are interested in learning about the difference between a credit union and a bank, visit makeyourmoneymatter.org today for a great interactive experience!
A Youth Certificate of Deposit (CD) is a great way to start saving for your child's future.
- Open with as little as $250
- Earn dividends monthly
- Competitive rates
- No annual fees
- Flexible terms from 12 - 36 months
|Effective Date: Sunday April 21, 2019|
|Name||APY*||Minimum Opening Balance|
|12 Month Youth CD**||0.40%||$250|
|24 Month Youth CD**||0.70%||$250|
|36 Month Youth CD**||1.01%||$250|
|*APY = Annual Percentage Yield|
|** Youth CD available for members 17 years and under. Youth CDs cannot have a term that matures past 18th birthday. Certificate must be opened under youth's name and SSN. Must have the same joint member that is on savings account.|